Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

New big things

The Koi Quilt…. it's been awhile coming but at last I got it done, and then it went to the quilters to be machine quilter. We talked about what would look good on this one and came up with several ideas, one of them being lilly pads and for the corners sponge coral.
Then I left it in her hands. I brought it home a couple of days ago and finished the binding. I love this quilt!
  You can see why below.


Each of the bands have quilting, and the center {while it's hard to see} the fish look like they are jumping off the quilt as they are puffed up from the loft of the batting. They look like the real koi I have out in the pond.





It's bright and vibrant and I'm so glad I have a really good machine quilter to complement my work. Without her it wouldn't look the same, and I'd never get it finished, as I can't do hand quilting anymore. So what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I seen this exact pattern in a magazine except it was a wall art quilt. My mom and I began to replicate it a year or so ago, be misplaced the magazine in which we first found it. If you know who did the original, I would love to know the name so I can look it back up!

    ReplyDelete