Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Something old

Well it went like this…..
Something old….. many of the techniques  I used are very old.
 Something new…… most of the fabric is new
Something borrowed    … your lace which is coming back to you on the quilt.
Something blue….. blue satin ribbon and blue fabric



I found the fabric and went a little nuts. lol…. But when I get an idea I usually follow it through, no matter what.


 I don't know if you can see it better here or not but the top is smocked

 Eyelet and ecru pieces were laid down in crazy quilt fashion.
I quilted it with a random machine stitch, and added a twisting leaf design from my machine as well in green.
Then the heart shape, leaves, and last the flowers.
I added the embroidered saying, ribbons, lace etc on last, and
it was finished.
Oh I did the binding as well. lol.
Perhaps Kris can post some more pictures with close ups?

No comments:

Post a Comment